FCC Ham Links


The FCC recommends that people obtain a FRN number to use when taking tests instead of using their SSN#. Many VE’s (Volunteer examiners) also prefer receiving a FRN when testing.

The link below will take you to the CORES system where you can request a FRN, Update a FRN, and download your official ham license documents after passing the tests.

FCC Ham License Database Search

Search for hams by call sign, location, licensed dates, or name.

FCC Amateur Radio Section

The FCC has a large section of documents relating to the Amateur radio service rules and regulations. Valuable if you need to know how to get a vanity call sign, take the tests, or read up on international rules.