Ham operators often take their gear to different locations out in the field and need a battery to power up their radios and other gear.
The video below shows one way to put together a mobile power battery box using an inexpensive Plano field box.
- Plano Field Box
- Battery – Amstron 12V/12AH Sealed Lead Acid Battery w/ F2 Terminals
- 6-Way Blade Fuse Box w/LED Indicator for Blown Fuse (100 Amp)
- 14-20ga Quick Terminal Crimp Connectors – Female (Blue)
- 18-22ga Quick Terminal Crimp Connectors – Female (Red)
- White LED Light Bulbs 9W DC12V 12mm
- 2-Way Banana Plug Jacks (Power Posts)
- USB Charger + Blue LED Voltmeter + 12V Outlet Socket
- Round Rocker Toggle RGBY LED Switches
- 5amp and 3amp Blade Fuses
- Machine Screws 6 32 x 1″
- 16ga Primary/Electrical Wire
- Ring Terminal Crimps